"Charlotte has been my home for most of my life. My patients are my neighbors - people who come, trusting me to do what is best for their sight. I think that means each patient deserves my full attention and the benefit of all my experience."
William A. Branner, III, M.D.
Named one of Charlotte’s 2010 Top Doctors by Charlotte Magazine!
Z-VisionTM LASIK, Custom Wavefront LaserVisionCorrection, Refractive Surgery, Advanced Technique Cataract & Lens Implant Surgery, Tecnis and ReStor Multifocal Lens Implants, Acrysof Toric Lens Impants for Astigmatism, Treatment of Medical and Surgical Conditions of the Eye, Personal Eye Care for Exams, Glasses and Contact Lenses.
Charlotte Office: Cotswold Area 4335 Colwick Road Charlotte, NC 28211
Huntersville Office: 16610 Birkdale Commons Parkway, Huntersville, NC 28078
In practice in Charlotte for 19 years.... has performed over 18,000 lens implant and LASIK procedures...performed the first LASIK for Hyperopia and implanted the first Tecnis and Rezoom Multifocal Lens Implants in the region
- Certified American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Golden LASIK Surgeon Top 5 Award by TLC Vision
- National Top 50 LaserVisionCorrection Surgeon, 2008
- Graduate of University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- Morehead Scholar
- Medical degree from UNC School of Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine and Residency in Ophthalmology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Mecklenburg County Medical Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Presbyterian Hospital
- Charlotte Surgery Center
Chosen as most preferred Eye Surgeon in Mecklenburg County - North Carolina Business Journal, 2003.
Native Charlottean and lifelong resident
Graduate of East Mecklenburg High School
Husband of Toni, and father of Jenna and Will
Deacon, Sardis Presbyterian Church, 1995-1997
Junior Varsity Basketball, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 1979
Scuba certified, acrylic artist, and avid reader